Saturday, May 19, 2012

Revenge of the Weirdos?

I always love coming across weird people.  At midnight showings of movies, for example, I've seen things that sound like they came from a movie themselves. For Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith*, my friends and I encountered someone in a full-on Darth Vader costume, and he had his own personal minstrel trailing him, playing the Darth Vader theme song on a guitar.  A common occurrence at midnight showings is for people to blow up beach balls and bounce them up and down the rows of seats.  People cheer; people get hit in the head (I do, like, every time); people get rowdy; and employees come and take away all the balls, kicking out the perpetrators.  I remember one instance in which someone salvaged a deflated ball and tried to repair it with chewing gum.  I have a less fond memory of a time when my high school friends and I were stuck in front of several immature guys.  These guys thought it would be brilliant to blow up and tie a condom like a balloon, and then bat it down the rows.

My brother and I recently discovered Baja Fresh.  I mean, we had heard of it, but neither of us had tried it.  It's actually pretty dang good, and fairly inexpensive.  One day, driving home, one of the two people in the car ahead of us was waving something out the passenger-side window.  Meanwhile, the driver kept sticking his own hand out his window and making weird signs.  Adam and I laughed and wondered what the heck the first guy was holding.  It turned out to be a plastic sword.  We cracked up, and I took some pictures.






Too bad it wasn't a lightsaber.


*It is uncanny that this film was released on May 19, 2005, and that today is May 19, 2012.  This was a coincidence; I am about to search through my DeadJournal (which I kept mostly throughout high school), so I looked up the release date to find my entry so that I can remind myself of other interesting sights that evening.  (That was a mouthful.)

Note: I have completed the search and turned up with nothing significant.  All I did that day was post how sick I was, how heartbreaking the movie was, and how hot Anakin was.

4 comments:

  1. I remember that night. I went with Adam and we had in-n-out. I think we might of had less weirdos at our showing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. :D Didn't you guys see some dude dressed as Spock? I think that was the showing. I remember it was a Star Wars movie, at least.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah! I forgot about spock! lol

      Delete
  2. LOL @ All I did that day was post how sick I was, how heartbreaking the movie was, and how hot Anakin was.

    ReplyDelete